Trust in Online Environments
Journal of Management Information Systems; Deadline 31 Aug 2006
|ARC: Community: ELMAR: Posting|
From: "Paul A. Pavlou" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
CALL FOR PAPERS
Journal of Management Information Systems
Special Issue on: "TRUST IN ONLINE ENVIRONMENTS"
SPECIAL ISSUE EDITORS
Izak Benbasat, University of British Columbia (email@example.com)
David Gefen, Drexel University (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Paul A. Pavlou, University of California, Riverside (email@example.com)
Submission Deadline: August 31, 2006
OBJECTIVES OF THE SPECIAL ISSUE
With the rise of the digital economy, as relationships and transactions move to online environments, trust has become central to societal and economic development. Over the last decade, there have been significant advances in understanding the antecedents and consequences of online trust in electronic commerce and online marketplaces. Building upon this research, the aim of this Special Issue of the Journal of Management Information Systems is to become a landmark work and create a knowledge repository of highest-quality papers on “Trust in Online Environments” in order to stimulate and inform future work on this topic.
The specific objectives of this JMIS Special Issue are to:
- Extend the limits of knowledge in understanding the nature, antecedents, and consequences of trust in online environments
- Stimulate and attract high-quality interdisciplinary research that investigates the role of Information Systems and the Information Technology (IT) artifact in building trust in online environments, as well as trust creation in IT artifacts found in online environments.
- Make a significant contribution to theory, measurement and practice.
- Facilitate a constructive review process that could help generate superior papers in a collective value-added fashion among the authors, editors, and reviewers.
- Authors are encouraged to submit at any time prior to the submission deadline an optional two-page (maximum) abstract to the special issue editors to obtain an initial approval of topic and feedback.
- Papers will receive an initial screening by the Special Issue editors, and only papers that are deemed to have a reasonable chance of acceptance will remain under consideration.
- Papers that pass the initial screening will have the opportunity for a maximum of two revisions. If the papers are not accepted or conditionally accepted by the end of the second round of reviews, they will be rejected.
- Rejected papers can be submitted as regular submissions to JMIS only if they are rejected due to a poor fit with the theme of the Special Issue.
- A strict schedule for submission and revision of papers will be adhered, as shown below
August 31, 2006 Deadline for initial paper submission
December 15, 2006 First round of reviews are provided to the authors
March 31, 2007 Deadline for submitting first revision of the paper
June 30, 2007 Second round of reviews are provided to the authors
September 30, 2007 Deadline for submitting final revision of the paper
December 15, 2007 Final decision on the paper is made.