This free event is now available for on-demand registration and access through January 24, 2023. Once registered, the on-demand content will become available.
You can’t replace closed-ended questions in a tracking study with open-ended questions…. or can you?
Open-ended questions are one of the most effective means of gathering insights when used correctly in an online survey. Additionally, text analytics technology is unlocking the doors to implement open-ended questions more frequently by simplifying analysis at scale.
Join Jon Puleston, VP of Innovation for Kantar’s Profiles division, for a session that examines the power of open-ended feedback. Using data from recent research, he’ll share useful tips and techniques for making the most of these questions in your ad hoc or longitudinal research.
We’ll look at:
- Why open-ended questions are an effective research tool and when they can replace closed questions
- How to write questions that capture richer responses and the dos/don’ts for encouraging respondents
- Techniques for efficiently analysing open-ended response data with and without text analytics technology
- How to conduct Qual research at a Quant scale – and internationally
- How brand trackers can be transformed by integrating more open-ended questions
Jon PulestonVice President of Innovation, Profiles Division, Kantar
Jon Puleston serves as Vice President of Innovation for Kantar’s Profiles Division. He leads an international team specializing in the design and development of interactive surveys and online research innovation. Additionally, he serves as a consultant on survey design best practice to companies around the world and on the ESOMAR Professional Standard Committee.
Jon and his team have won multiple awards for their ground-breaking research-on-research exploring survey design methodology, such as their work in the field of gamification of research, survey optimization and prediction science.