The Industry’s Largest Hiring Event
The AMA Academic Placement Hiring Event offers the opportunity for scholars to interview and connect in person with prospective schools who are hiring. This event is attended annually by more than 100 schools and 200 candidates. The hiring event takes place in conjunction with the AMA Summer Academic Conference.
The 2020 AMA Academic Placement Hiring Event is currently proceeding as scheduled. Because your health and safety are important to us, we continue to communicate with our host venue who in turn is working with local health officials to monitor updates to COVID-19. We’re also following recommendations from the World Health Organization for safely hosting this event. Any changes to this event will be communicated to attendees on this page and via email. You can also review our cancellation policy here.
How it Works
The AMA Academic Placement Hiring Event is a place where candidates and schools meet to interview in-person over a 4-day period. Most candidates (and employers) have a full schedule of interviews while at the event. Your conference badge must be worn at all times.
For Job Candidates
Doctoral students get full access to the AMA Academic Placement Hiring Event with registration for the AMA Summer Academic Conference. During the conference checkout process, make sure to select that you’d like to interview on-site. Candidates will not be able to interview without conference registration even if an employer directly invites you.
- Inclusion in the guide of CVs sent to all employers
- Access to interview locations
- Wi-Fi and daily refreshments provided in the lounge
- Entry to sessions and events at the 2020 AMA Summer Academic Conference
Registration for interview space will open soon. Click below to sign up for updates and to be the first notified when registration opens. For more information, click the “for employers” tab.
Send Me Updates
For questions regarding this event, including information for prospective employers, please contact Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration Opens Soon
Registration for interview space will open soon. Learn more about the registration process below or fill out the form to be the first to learn when registration is open.
Send Me Updates
How it Works
- Before registering for your interview space, all employers must first post their academic position on academicplacement.ama.org for a fee of $259.
- Come back to this page and register.
- Select your preferred space option in the purchase flow (descriptions of each space can be found below).
- Once completed, AMA will contact you with further details.
Interview Space Options
(Please note spaces are limited and are available on a first come, first serve basis.)
Booths are 10’x10′ with pipe and drape and will include a table, chairs, signage and WiFi access.
Hotel Suites (Sleeping room included)
Please note all hotel suites are subject to additional hotel rates, the fees listed below are to secure your space through the AMA.
- 2-bay suite – $300 down payment
- 3-bay suite – $400 down payment
- Junior suite – $500 down payment
Hotel Meeting Room-$800
Secure a meeting room for the duration of the weekend.
For questions regarding this event, please contact Customer Service at email@example.com