Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC) is one of the hottest topics in the industry, yet planning and execution remain a challenge in today’s rapidly changing marketing environment. This program will teach professionals how to create successful IMC plans and will give them a roadmap for effective integration of traditional and newer interactive, social technologies—including corporate blogs, Twitter, Facebook, and mobile devices, etc.
This highly engaging workshop is designed to help professionals develop an IMC roadmap using case studies, exercises, breakouts and best practices.
This two-day workshop will teach you the current thinking on integrated marketing communications, and walk you through the steps to developing an IMC plan of your own.
You will learn how to create a powerful content strategy which delivers the right message to the right audience in the right place. You will learn to create an integrated marketing communications strategy which will deliver the engaging brand experience needed to drive revenues and create real customer value for your organization.
- What is the current thinking on integrated marketing communications, and how and why is each element critical to success?
- How to create an effective, well integrated IMC plan, blending offline and online tools to maximize customer value
- What is the right mix of traditional and social media, digital, direct response, mobile, etc?
- How to strategically link and leverage all elements in the communication mix across channels to deliver a clear, compelling and consistent message
- How to evaluate the contribution of each Marcom element—including advertising, direct marketing, Facebook, Twitter and blogs—in order to maximize communication impact
- How to orchestrate all of the key consumer touch points where your customer meets your brand
- How to develop an effective content strategy to ensure delivery of coordinated and synergistic messages across all touch points and channels
- How to understand and apply the Social Media Buyer Behavior ModelTM to create engaging content to reach, impact and engage customers bombarded by communication noise in a non-linear world
This program is designed for mid- to upper-level managers, directors, executives or teams of professionals working in marketing communications, marketing, advertising, branding, social media, PR, sales, traditional or interactive marketing agencies and entrepreneurs.
The session is beneficial for both for-profit and nonprofit organizations, service- and product-oriented businesses and companies operating in B-to-B and B-to-C channels of distribution. The program provides a systemic approach to integrated marketing communications, which is useful to SMB’s and F100 companies alike.
Executive Vice President, Director of Client Development, Capstrat
Shane is charged with developing marketing strategies and integrated communications plans for Capstrat clients. His 25-year career spans client and agency marketing in B2C and B2B environments. His expertise in campaign development and marketing implementation delivers results for clients like Lenovo, VMware, Teleflex, MWV and UNC-Chapel Hill. Shane’s client side experience includes stops at Sprint, Mutual of Omaha, Methodist Health Systems and Nortel Networks. Before Capstrat, he led client strategy at Brooks Bell Interactive, working with Chase Bank, AARP, The Wall Street Journal and Clearwire. Shane served as 2010 president of the Triangle American Marketing Association. He earned his BSBA and MBA from the University of Nebraska at Omaha.
Chief Creative Officer, Capstrat
Todd is responsible for making sure Capstrat’s creative and digital work is not only compelling but strategically sound. His previous roles include managing creative for GlaxoSmithKline and at a number of previous agencies. His clients included the Cartoon Network, the Country Music Association and Hanes. Todd’s insightful work has been recognized by the ADDYs, the Tellys, AIGA Graphic Design USA – and many more. Todd earned a BFA in communication arts from East Carolina University and a master’s in advertising design from Syracuse University.