Essentials of B2B Marketing
The B2B marketing landscape is rapidly
changing to reflect changes in the overall marketing mix. Professional
development and skill-building are critical to keep you relevant and effective.
AMA’s Essentials in B2B Marketing provides insights into the B2B marketing
realm, what it is, and its functions – both short term and long term strategies
and tactics for improving your performance.
Walking through strategy, planning, research,
marketing communications, selling, lead generation and conversion, and
measurement, this inter-active participatory session is designed so attendees
can answer this key question: “How do I support the sales department to achieve
its sales goals?” In many small to medium sized B2B companies marketing is
viewed as a sales support function – its role is to help sales achieve its
goals. Only when this is accomplished can marketing demonstrate its true value
to the enterprise, and justify the resources entrusted to it. Therefore, the
focus for this Essentials in B2B Marketing deals more with lead generation,
lead qualification, sales support materials, events and trade shows,
promotions, sales conversion tracking and measurement – tactics that are short
term in nature.
- Understand why B2B marketing is important, and how it’s different
- Vis-à-vis B2C
- Vis-à-vis sales
- Articulate the functions of marketing
- What marketing is: its key roles (4Ps)
- Seeing the Future (Trends)
- New product/service development and launch
- Demand generation/Branding
- Sales support/teamwork
- Apply Value Disciplines
- Act as internal communicators and facilitators for key stakeholder groups and segments
- Identify and overcome barriers to implementation
- Develop a roadmap for putting “lessons learned” into practice
- Use the Action Planning process
- Generate ‘takeaways’ that can be used right away
- Measure and report on revenues created or grown
See the Full Agenda>>
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Folks newly assigned to the marketing function in a B2B firm but who have a non-marketing background (often from engineering, operations, sales, supply chain, etc.)
- Those that have communications, sales, social media, PR, design backgrounds and desire a better understanding of marketing.
- Marketing professionals who want a refresher course and an overview of current marketing practices.
- This session will be of benefit for product and service firms, for profit or not-for-profit firms, as well as firms engaged in supply chain activities.
Ron Strauss brings fresh ideas to marketing
and branding. Hundreds of executives have benefited from his insights into how
to rediscover the power and magic of their corporate, product/service and
personal brands. Ron founded Brandzone in 2002. Marketing campaigns Ron led for clients
Siemens, Schlumberger, Land O’ Lakes, Mobil et al are featured in textbooks and
magazines – and have won CLIO, One Show and AMY awards. He created the AMA’s
two-day national training seminar “Essentials in B2B Marketing” and presents
“Essentials in Brand Practice & Measurement,” as well.
Essentials of B2B
Marketing - Cancellation Policy
Registrants wishing to
cancel may send someone to take their place without penalty if they send a
written request with the replacement person’s name to firstname.lastname@example.org at least two
weeks prior to the event start date. No refunds will be given after January 25,
2017. A conference registration may not be shared by two or more individuals.
Space is limited and on-site registration cannot be guaranteed. Separate
cancellation policies may exist for pre-conference programs, tutorials, and
other associated events. Hotel and transportation reservation cancellations
must be handled by the individual registrant directly with the hotel, airline
and/or other company. Please note: Any hotel room booked outside the AMA
negotiated block of rooms will not be reimbursed for expenses, including the
need to cancel the event. Registration for or participation in this training
program constitutes an agreement by the registrant to permit the AMA to the use
and distribution (now and in the future) of the registrant or attendee's image
and/or voice in photographs, videos, electronic reproductions, and audiotapes
of such events and activities. For questions or concerns, please call
800.262.1150 or email email@example.com.