This course delivers a solid understanding of new digital technologies and digital strategy development. It shows how digital strategies can be effectively integrated across an organization, and provides analytical techniques to use in measuring the success of digital strategies and programs.
- You will learn a basic definition of digital and how to identify, shape and execute digital opportunities in order to increase your organization’s competitive advantage.
- You will learn how to develop a cohesive digital strategy and how to measure its effectiveness.
- You will become familiar with a range of key concepts such as audience
- segmentation, customer journey, pathways to conversion, the differences between a paid, owned and earned approach across the consumer decision journey, destinations (websites and apps), communications (advertising, social, email and search) and optimizations (analytics and testing).
- We’ll review best in class examples how digital content can fulfill the consumers’ desire for information, utility and entertainment at specific cross-hairs of their typical day or week – resulting in better performing marketing campaigns.
- Digital Strategy development process and tools
- Practical understanding of how to use new digital technologies
- Specific analytical tools to measure the effectiveness of digital strategies and programs.
- Examples of best practice digital strategies and analytical tools
- High comfort level in working with digital concepts and practices
See the Full Agenda >>
HERE’S WHAT RECENT ATTENDEES SAID
"I feel like I earned a bachelor's degree in digital strategy and marketing from Shane and Jon and can't wait to put some of the strategies outlined into practice."
"This was a great training. It did a great job of bridging concepts into action."
Shane Johnston, Executive Vice President, Director of Client Development, Capstrat
Shane is charged with developing marketing strategies and integrated communications plans for Capstrat clients. His 25-year career spans client and agency marketing in B2C and B2B environments. His expertise in campaign development and marketing implementation delivers results for clients like Lenovo, VMware, Teleflex, MWV and UNC-Chapel Hill. Shane’s client side experience includes stops at Sprint, Mutual of Omaha, Methodist Health Systems and Nortel Networks. Before Capstrat, he led client strategy at Brooks Bell Interactive, working with Chase Bank, AARP, The Wall Street Journal and Clearwire. Shane served as 2010 president of the Triangle American Marketing Association. He earned his BSBA and MBA from the University of Nebraska at Omaha.
Todd Coats, Chief Creative Officer, Capstrat
Todd is responsible for making sure Capstrat’s creative and digital work is not only compelling but strategically sound. His previous roles include managing creative for GlaxoSmithKline and at a number of previous agencies. His clients included the Cartoon Network, the Country Music Association and Hanes. Todd’s insightful work has been recognized by the ADDYs, the Tellys, AIGA Graphic Design USA – and many more. Todd earned a BFA in communication arts from East Carolina University and a master’s in advertising design from Syracuse University.
If you are a marketing leader currently involved in driving digital strategy in your organization, or soon will be, this course is for you. The session is beneficial for both for-profit and nonprofit organizations, service- and product-oriented businesses and companies operating in B-to-B and B-to-C channels of distribution.
Digital Strategy and Analytics – Cancellation Policy
All Training Series cancellations and requests for refunds must be submitted to the AMA via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellations received four weeks prior to the event start date will receive a refund minus a $150 early cancellation fee. Cancellations received after that date will receive a refund minus a $300 late cancellation fee. Registrants wishing to cancel may send someone to take their place without penalty if they send a written request with the replacement person’s name to email@example.com at least two weeks prior to the event start date. No refunds will be given after February 9, 2017. A conference registration may not be shared by two or more individuals. Space is limited and on-site registration cannot be guaranteed. Separate cancellation policies may exist for pre-conference programs, tutorials, and other associated events. Hotel and transportation reservation cancellations must be handled by the individual registrant directly with the hotel, airline and/or other company. Please note: Any hotel room booked outside the AMA negotiated block of rooms will not be reimbursed for expenses, including the need to cancel the event. Registration for or participation in this training program constitutes an agreement by the registrant to permit the AMA to the use and distribution (now and in the future) of the registrant or attendee's image and/or voice in photographs, videos, electronic reproductions, and audiotapes of such events and activities. For questions or concerns, please call 800.262.1150 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.