Building a Purpose-Driven Brand
11:00 a.m - 1:00 p.m. Central Each Day
Day 1 (All Times Central)
Section 1: Why It’s Important
- What has caused this need for purpose?
- Reputation and purpose for brands
- Consumer behavior in the digital age
- What does reputation and purpose get you?
- Trends towards brands communicating more purpose
Exercise: “Brand maven mapping”
Section 2: How to Translate Your Brand Into a Purpose-Driven Brand
- Clarity, discipline and consistency
- Good companies give their employees something to work on. Great companies give their employees something to work toward
- Examples of purpose in practice
- How to listen and hear your audience. Being authentic means not asking your customer what you should be doing
Exercise: “Discover your why”
Exercise: What’s your one word?
Section 3: How to Get People to Understand Your Purpose
- What messages best communicate your purpose to your audience?
- Simplicity matters and it’s hard to get to
- Living beyond a mission statement
- Make your mission verbs, not nouns
- How and when you communicate impacts understand and belief – channels and media
- Making authenticity actionable
Exercise: Practice advertising writing for different formats using real examples to start with the why
Section 4: How Do You Know if Your Message is Getting Through?
- Measuring employee engagement
- Measuring audience engagement
- How does purpose-driven branding impact business and financial objectives?
Exercise: Bringing message, media and KPIs together