SEO for Marketers: Strategies, Tactics and Trends
Tuesday, September 10
Registration and Hot Breakfast
We’ll kick off the day with a nice breakfast so you’ll have energy for the day. You’ll also be provided with lunch and breaks throughout the day.
- Modern Consumer/Searcher Refresher
- Are you meeting the most current habits, preferences, and desires of your market?
- How current trends should influence your SEO and digital strategy
- Review SEO best practices and foundations
- What foundations are your website and content lacking?
- How does SEO fits into your integrated marketing mix?
EXERCISE: SEO Performance Scorecard + Documentation
Keyword Strategy and Hands-On Keyword Research
- Keyword Strategy 201
- Keyword Research Best Practices and Tools
EXERCISE: Keyword Research Tools and Extensions
SERPS Analysis and Competitive Auditing
- Learn how to do a simple and quick competitive audit
- Identify what content formats Google is prioritizing and what opportunities exist for additional visibility on both mobile and desktop
EXERCISE: Perform a Competitive Audit
Wednesday, September 11
Breakfast will be waiting for you when you arrive for day two. Lunch and breaks will be provided throughout the day.
On-Page SEO, On-Site and Off-Site Content Optimization
- How is Google interpreting and evaluating your page?
- What is in your direct control? What other factors do you need to be aware of?
- Review on-page SEO and content creation strategies.
- Learn and apply best practices and next-level techniques to optimize content on other platforms.
- Be more findable and own your area of expertise across every channel.
EXERCISE: Apply keywords, internal linking campaign, analyze off-site platforms and social media accounts.
Backlinks and Social SEO
- Off-page SEO is non-negotiable.
- Review modern backlink strategies and techniques.
- Amplification and optimization techniques
- Improve discovery, backlinks and engagement metrics
EXERCISE: Backlink Analysis
- Rich Snippets (what are they and why should you care?)
- Voice Search
- Optimizing for Digital Assistants and Home Devices
- Latest in Technical SEO and Mobile SEO.
- E-commerce to Local businesses to Enterprise to B2B to B2C
EXERCISE: SEO Calendar and Action Plan, SERPs Analysis Part II, Activity Analysis and Insights
Measurement, Reporting and Data-Driven Insight
- What are you measuring, why, and where to look
- Google Analytics
- Google Search Console
- Data export and analysis
EXERCISE: Google Analytics, Google Search Console Analytics, Dashboard Creation and Reporting
Review and Wrap-Up
- Next Steps
EXERCISE: SEO Calendars and Action Plan