Leading the Marketing Planning Initiative
Las Vegas, NV
Thursday, December 12
8:00 am - 8:30 am
Registration and Hot Breakfast
We’ll kick off the day with breakfast. You’ll also be provided with lunch and breaks throughout the day.
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Marketing Planning for 2020
- What are the big challenges?
- What are the best practices?
- What are the common “big mistakes”?
- Culture for marketing planning
What Does Your Organization Want out of Marketing Planning?
- What’s the desired end game?
- Who currently “owns” the process?
- What stakeholders are currently involved versus what stakeholders need to be involved?
- What is your current versus desired state?
Owning up to Your Organization’s Current Situation: Reality Versus Pie-In-The-Sky Assessments
- Work with factors you can’t control
- Make the most of factors you can control (or at least impact)
- Hold up the mirror – an honest assessment of organizational competencies
Step Back and Critically Assess Your Current Offerings
- What are your present offerings?
- What should/could they be?
- What are your competitors doing?
- Crystal ball time: what will your competitors be doing next year and later?
- Who are your markets and customers?
- Who should/could they be?
Friday, December 13
8:00 am - 8:30 am
Breakfast will be waiting for you when you arrive for day two. Lunch and breaks will be provided throughout the day.
8:30 am - 3:00 pm
Where Do You Want to Take Your Offerings?
- The new segmentation
- Prioritize the segments: Target marketing
- What the heck is positioning strategy?
Nuts and Bolts: Let’s Work Through Each of the Critical Strategy Areas (4 P’s and Other Delights)
- Hone the offering
- The core offering (whether product or service, B2B or B2C, for-profit or nonprofit)
- Deliverables surrounding the core offering
- Brands, brands, brands
- Pricing the offering
- Supply chain/channels/service delivery
- How service trumps product
- The Integrated Marketing Communication (IMC) Suite
- “Old media” and “new media”
- The sales force – marketing’s friend or nemesis?
Trials and Tribulations in Marketing Plan Implementation
- Connect plan success to necessary internal/external stakeholders to make it happen
- Market the marketing plan internally
- Anticipate and deal with bumps along the way
Gauge the Success of the Plan
- Make adjustments along the way
- Contingency planning, anyone?
Do It All Over Again
- Make marketing planning part of your organizational DNA
- Integrate the process into organizational performance management systems
Your Personal Charge on Leaving Our Session
- Take home a leadership plan of attack
- You will make a difference