Wednesday, June 17
Hot Breakfast and Registration
We’ll kick off the day with a nice breakfast. You’ll also be provided with lunch and breaks throughout the day.
Demand Generation Strategy
- Set the stage: What is Demand Generation?
- Define demand gen and nuances in B2C, B2B, public and private sectors
- Demand Gen Strategy
- How will you drive demand to meet revenue, growth, acquisition and retention goals?
- Explore routes to market, segmentation, competition and differentiated messages that matter
EXERCISE: Craft a Demand Gen Strategy
Know Your Customer
- Get to know your key audiences in an actionable way
- Translate audiences into personas to activate a meaningful client experience
EXERCISE: Create a Persona
- Explore the demand funnel and its role in customer journeys
- How do you create intentional interactions at every touchpoint across the funnel, from acquisition through expansion and advocacy?
EXERCISE: Create a Customer Journey Map
Day 1 Recap / Q+A and Day 2 Preview
Thursday, June 18
Content Strategy Part I: Create Content
- The art of storytelling to drive demand
- Examine story development, content assets/formats and content curation
EXERCISE: Create a Content Strategy in Support of the Customer Journey
Content Strategy Part II: Distribute Content
- Paid, owned, earned, shared media
- Marketing mix in support of marketing objectives, budget and persona preferences
EXERCISE: Create a Content Distribution Plan Aligned to the Persona
Measuring, Reporting & Optimizing
- How do you set objectives? What do you measure?
- Establish KPIs up, down and across your demand plan
- Using testing plans to fuel optimization
EXERCISE: Create a Demand Gen Measurement Dashboard
Presenting a Demand Gen Plan and Results for Impact
- Types of results: ROI, efficiency and effectiveness
- Results vs Insights: Know the difference
- Determine what matters: Business conversation vs marketing conversation
- Levers of optimization to improve efficiency and effectiveness of marketing investment
EXERCISE: Present a Demand Gen Plan and Results
Now What? Create an Action Plan
- Translate learnings into next steps
- Assess where to start and what you’ll need
- How do I stay accountable?
EXERCISE: Craft Demand Generation Action Plan