AMA Marketing and Sales Summit
Winter Park, FL
Tuesday, April 21
Registration and Breakfast
We’ll kick off the day with breakfast. You’ll also be provided with lunch and breaks throughout the day.
Why Can’t We All Just Get Along?
Where does your organization stand now?
- Administer alignment diagnostic: assessing your current marketing/sales relationship
- Score and discuss the diagnostic
- What are the big challenges?
- What are the big opportunities?
- How can our time together jumpstart a roadmap for success?
- Root causes of distress between marketing and sales
- The language of sales and marketing
- Identify stereotypical dissimilarities between sales and marketing
- How do we bridge the classic gaps?
Idea Oasis #1 – Apply What We’ve Learned
What Does the Organization and Its Top Leadership Want from Marketing and Sales?
- Marketing and sales contributions to the organizational bottom line
- “Upselling” marketing to your organizational leadership
- Internal navigation and internal marketing
The Customer Journey – Blueprinting and Customer Experience Management
- Customer touchpoint alignment
- What do customers and prospects want (and expect) from marketing and sales?
- What is “customer success” and how do we “manage” it?
Roles, Goals and Cultures for Marketing and Sales
- What makes a salesperson “tick”?
- The sales psyche
- Drivers of salesperson role evolution
- Aligning marketing with sales
- What makes a marketer “tick”?
- The marketing psyche
- Drivers of marketer role evolution
- Aligning sales with marketing
- Fostering a shared customer-centric culture
Idea Oasis #2 – Apply What We’ve Learned
Wednesday, April 22
Value as a Unifying Force In Marketing/Sales Alignment and Effectiveness
- The concept of value co-creation – creating and delivering value in important ways: marketing to sales; sales to marketing; and both teams to customers
- Working cooperatively on creating, communicating and delivering the value offering: Impact points of potential marketing/sales dysfunction on marketing strategy effectiveness: branding, messaging, lead generation and other key elements
- Digital and social marketing – how does sales fit in?
- Sales management challenges in supporting marketing in these areas
- Roadmap for marketing to enhance sales’ effectiveness
Beyond marketing and sales: Who else is a key driver of customer and firm success and how do we harness them?
CRM Circa 2020 – An Essential Success Factor for Both Marketing, Sales and the Customer Experience
- The who, what, how, where and why of CRM today
- Evidence-based decisions: Needed information for insights by marketing and by sales
- Voice of the customer as a consistent and reliable input
- Major roadblocks and logjams to optimizing CRM
- Best practices in CRM implementation and utilization
Idea Oasis #3 – Apply What We’ve Learned
Marketing Planning as a Conduit for Cultivating the Marketing and Sales Relationship
- Who “owns” the marketing plan (if anybody)?
- How to NOT disenfranchise sales toward the marketing planning process: Approaches to maximize the utility of inputs from marketing, sales and other key stakeholders
- Marketing plan tips that result in better outcomes and better organizational support
Can’t We All Just Get Along?
- Extrinsic and intrinsic incentives for sales to align with marketing
- How “strategic HR” (not an oxymoron, by the way) can aid us
- Out-of-the-box thinking on compensation and rewards approaches
- How marketers can unwittingly dis-incentivize a sales force
- Are there common/shared metrics for marketing and sales that can drive behaviors and performance?
Implementation and Sustainability of Effective Marketing/Sales Interface
- How do you know you’re at peak alignment?
- Toward common metrics for marketing and sales
- Benchmarking success
- Importance of internal marketing
Idea Oasis #4 – Apply What We’ve Learned
Thursday, April 23
Personal Accountability Commitment Today (PACT) – Process Development and Report-Outs
- This is a well-proven, expert-coached process that will ensure that every participant returns to their workplace with a concrete, realistic, and vetted plan of action for implementing and monitoring the best practices that are the focus of this Marketing and Sales Summit
- You will leave feeling fully confident that the bridge between training and execution has been established
- Our goal is that everything we’ve focused on can be applied to the best advantage of you and your organization!
And that’s a wrap. Feel free to stay and eat or take lunch with you.