AMA Marketing Management Bootcamp
Thursday, January 16
8:00 am - 8:30 am
Registration and Continental Breakfast
We’ll kick off the day with breakfast. You’ll also be provided with lunch and breaks throughout the day.
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Nuts and Bolts of Marketing Management
- Marketing’s place and role in organizational success
- Misunderstood marketing
- Exercise: Culture for marketing
- Key change drivers marketing managers must know about and plan for
- Facilitate exchange and value for customers
- Exercise: Offerings and value propositions
- The marketing planning process “big picture”
- Fostering evidence-based decisions in marketing planning
- Yin and yang of marketing planning – strategy and tactics
- The role of metrics in marketing planning
Research for Marketing Managers
- What does a marketing manager need to know to make evidence-based decisions?
- How do we design and execute the needed research?
- Exercise: Address market research needs
Let’s Take a Customer’s Perspective in B2C and B2B
- The B2C decision process
- The B2B decision process
4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Friday, January 17
8:00 am - 8:30 am
Breakfast will be waiting for you when you arrive for day two. Lunch and breaks will be provided throughout the day.
8:30 am - 4:00 am
The Customer Experience: Fulfill Customer Needs and Wants
- Market segmentation
- Target marketing
- Strategic differentiation
- Exercise: Differentiation, target markets and positioning
Hone Your Offering
- Products 101
- The “magic” of branding
- Service rules
- Exercise: branding and service
The Lowdown on Promotion – Communicate Your Offering
- Choices, choices – what promotional approach to use?
- Is digital and social always preferred? (I think we know this answer)
- Where do sales fit into the promotion mix?
- Exercise: Maximize promotion potential
Two More P’s in the Marketing Mix
- Price – The most direct impact on customers’ perceived value
- Place – Get the offering to market: Channels, distribution, logistics, supply chain