AMA Marketing Management Bootcamp
Thursday, May 16
Registration and Continental Breakfast
We’ll kick off the day with breakfast so you’ll have energy for the day. You’ll also be provided with lunch and breaks throughout the day.
Nuts and Bolts of Marketing Management
- Marketing’s place and role in organizational success
- Misunderstood marketing
- Exercise: Culture for marketing
- Key change drivers marketing managers must know about and plan for
- Facilitate exchange and value for customers
- Exercise: Offerings and value propositions
- The marketing planning process “big picture”
- Fostering evidence-based decisions in marketing planning
- Yin and yang of marketing planning – strategy and tactics
- The role of metrics in marketing planning
Research for Marketing Managers
- What does a marketing manager need to know to make evidence-based decisions?
- How do we design and execute the needed research?
- Exercise: Address market research needs
Let’s Take a Customer’s Perspective in B2C and B2B
- The B2C decision process
- The B2B decision process
Friday, May 17
Breakfast will be waiting for you when you arrive for day two. Lunch and breaks will be provided throughout the day.
The Customer Experience: Fulfill Customer Needs and Wants
- Market segmentation
- Target marketing
- Strategic differentiation
- Exercise: Differentiation, target markets and positioning
Hone Your Offering
- Products 101
- The “magic” of branding
- Service rules
- Exercise: branding and service
The Lowdown on Promotion – Communicate Your Offering
- Choices, choices – what promotional approach to use?
- Is digital and social always preferred? (I think we know this answer)
- Where do sales fit into the promotion mix?
- Exercise: Maximize promotion potential
Two More P’s in the Marketing Mix
- Price – The most direct impact on customers’ perceived value
- Place – Get the offering to market: Channels, distribution, logistics, supply chain