The AMA is pleased to offer funding for research awards and externship opportunities through the generous support of EBSCO. Based on the AMA brand promise of answers in action, the grants are designed to support research involving deep interaction/collaboration between the academic and practitioner communities. Submit a proposal today.
The AMA Academic Council will collect and review proposals from a broad academic audience. Grant awards will range from $2,500 to $7,500 with approximately four to six proposals being funded in the first year. Awards will be funded in the fall of each year around the beginning of the academic year.
Research proposals should clearly showcase how some interaction/collaboration between the academic and practitioner community will occur. Such interactions could be via an on-site externship or a planned research partnership between the academic and practitioner. Research awards will not be given for the sole or primary purpose of purchasing a data set(s).
+ Vita(e) of the researcher(s) and contact information
+ Proposal (2 pages: 11-12 pt font; 1.5 line spacing)
- Research overview and research questions
- Description of practitioner collaboration
- Overview of methodology
- Expected insights and potential for impact
- Appendix: Timeline and budget (not included in 2 pages)
+ Applicants must be an AMA member at the time of application.
+ Applicants must not be a recipient of an EBSCO Externship/Research Grant within the last three years.
+ Award funds will be disbursed to recipients via their university, with no overhead paid to the university, or a check
to the grant recipient.
The recipient is required to:
- Present the work at an Winter or Summer AMA Conference within two years of receipt of the grant.
- Provide a Scholarly Insights (1000 word) piece for publication in AMA digital and/or print media.
- Acknowledge AMA-EBSCO Answers in Action Grant Program in publications and presentations.
- Send thank you note to AMAF to be forwarded to EBSCO.
NOTE: It is the responsibility of the grant recipient, not the AMA, to adhere to any and all non-disclosure policies that company and/or other collaborative partners may require.
Complete the following form to submit a proposal: