American Marketing Association Collegiate Case Competition
sponsored by eBay.
The AMA Collegiate Case Competition, began in 1986, is a yearlong event that brings together top marketing students to work on a marketing challenge submitted by a sponsoring organization. The Case sponsor provides a detailed marketing problem for which it is looking to gain the perspective of AMA’s best students, who will compete by developing a marketing strategy in a nationally recognized competition. The Case Competition is open to undergraduate student teams at schools that have an affiliated AMA Collegiate Chapter.
Read the eBay Case Brief (PDF)
The purpose of the AMA Case Competition is two-fold:
1) To provide AMA undergraduate members the opportunity to work together on a problem that typifies a real, working marketing situation
2) To provide the Case Competition sponsor direct contact with the very best marketing students with possible real world solutions to their marketing problem
The AMA Collegiate Case Competition is open to those schools that have an affiliated undergraduate AMA Collegiate Chapter, and only to AMA student members.
Additionally, all those working on the Case must be undergraduate student members of AMA Global Support Center in good standing with current paid dues to the American Marketing Association. Non-AMA members may not view the case or assist, and graduate student members may not contribute to the case efforts. It is the Chapter's responsibiltiy to ensure all those working on the Case are active AMA National members, per the Intent Form agreement.
Faculty using the Case as course material, must insure all course registrants are also paid AMA student members. Failure to comply could result in disqualification from competing.
Only affiliated AMA Collegiate Chapters may begin the Intent to Participate process. If you would like to Start a Chapter, contact Kyle Hernandez, email@example.com. We cannot offer Case access to non-affiliated chapters, or chapters "in processing".
Case Access and Process:
All affiliated AMA undergraduate Collegiate Chapters are eligible to compete, and we encourage all chapters to submit the Intent Form for access to the Full Case once it is available (late August). Affiliated AMA chapters may submit one team only.
1. Submit Intent to Participate Form (Excel) to firstname.lastname@example.org
(July - November 23, 2016)
-Those listed on the Intent Form must have an active AMA member ID. Non-Members (or members "in processing") will not be accepted on the Intent Form.
2. Get Full Case emailed to you when it becomes available (late August)
3. Submit your full written Case and Case Entry form via Wufoo (December 7, 2016)
Written Case Submission Process in December
Due by December 7, 2016, NOON Central Time
- Name your Written Case file as "University Name_Written Case"
- Name your Case Entry Form of those who worked on the Case as "Case Entry Form_University Name" (naming them differently will help prevent potential mistakes with File Upload)
- Upload your files to the Wufoo Case form
As AMA serves 370 Universities, it is important to save your document files with your University name.
Those listed on the Case Entry Form must have an active AMA member ID. Non-Members (or members "in processing" or "in renewal" at the time of the deadline) will not be accepted on the Case Entry Form. It is the Chapter's responsibiltiy to ensure all those working on the Case are active AMA National members, as per the Intent Form agreement. Only those active members listed on the Case Entry Form submitted by the December deadline will be allowed to present, should the chapter be chosen as a Finalist.
Contact 800.AMA.1150 to Join / Renew AMA membership.
Email email@example.com or call 312.542.9077