What Works Now
Listen to a sneak peek SEO podcast by Instructor Stephan Spencer, Founder of Netconcepts, Co-author of The Art of SEO
Download SEO in 2012 Brochure>>
Search engine optimization ("SEO") has evolved immensely over the past several years. Are you and your organization keeping up? More importantly, have you fully exhausted the potential that SEO provides?
In this session, you’ll learn the secrets of SEO: what works and what doesn't, what you should be measuring, what tools to use, where trouble looms and untapped potential lies, where search engines and the industry are headed, and much more.
In this hands-on, two-day workshop on search engine optimization and marketing, attendee websites will be deconstructed, with attendees playing an active role in diagnosing what ails each site from an SEO standpoint. Sticky issues such as making your database-driven website "search engine friendly" and workarounds for "spider traps" and poor search engine practices will be tackled. Google’s secrets will be revealed, including details about PageRank, blended results ("universal search"), Google+, grouped listings from the same site, sitelinks, and more. Case examples from B2C, B2B, nonprofit and higher education will be shared, including the "inside scoop" on what worked and what didn’t.
SEO - Learning Objectives
• Discuss the changing SEO landscape and how you can make the most of it.
• Learn the lingo that will enable you to work efficiently with your Web team and vendors
• Learn what to look for when hiring a search agency or in-house SEO staff.
• Learn how customers use search (eye-tracking, click-tracking, search terms) and how those behaviors should factor into your strategy.
• Learn how to effectively leverage content, online tools, social networks and social media (Google+, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, StumbleUpon etc.) to create buzz and links.
• Find out how to maximize search traffic, exploit targeted brand-building opportunities and rocket past competitors in search rankings.
• Discuss how to budget interactive marketing campaigns to include SEO.
• Learn how to benchmark against your competitors.
• Find out which metrics matter in SEO and what to measure for maximizing the return on your search marketing investment.
• Determine how to sell the value of SEO to your management and partners.
• Find out what will make you look like a savvy search marketer to employers and colleagues.
SEO - Who Should Attend
If your organization has a website and you contribute—or want to contribute—to digital, search, online or integrated strategies, this session will arm you with the practical, actionable tips that you need.
SEO - Prior Knowledge Required
Knowledge of computers, basic Internet terminology and a cursory understanding of Internet marketing is desired. A basic understanding of search engines will be helpful but is not required. This two-day workshop offers something for all skill levels, from search marketing "newbies" to advanced search engine marketers.
Cancellations received 4 weeks prior to the event will receive a refund of fees minus $150 cancellation fee. Cancellations received within 4 weeks of the event will receive a refund of fees minus $300. There will be no cancellations on or after the start date of the training.
About the Instructor